University Program FAQs
- I am organizing a program. How do I get USDF University Accreditation?
- How do I find out about USDF University programs in my area?
- How do I get credit for attending a University Accredited programs?
- Are any programs exempt from the $5 processing fee and the accreditation application fee?
- What USDF programs are not eligible for University credits?
- Can I earn University credits for an educational activity that is not USDF University Accredited?
- Will my University credits expire?
- How do I receive recognition for University credits I have earned?
- What should I do if I am not sure I have received credit for a program I attended?
- Are there any online education programs that are USDF University Accredited?
First, review the USDF University Accreditation Guidelines for Off-Campus Programs and be sure your program is eligible. Then, complete the USDF University Accreditation Application Form and submit to the University Liaison via fax, email or by mailing to the USDF Office.
Information about USDF University accredited programs is available from the following sources:
- USDF monthly publication, USDF Connection, which is sent to all members as a member benefit.
- USDF Education Calendar
- USDF’s University’s web page
- Local GMO newsletters, which advertise many USDF University accredited programs.
Ask the program organizer for the USDF University Sign-Up form for credit. Simply fill out the form and pay the $5 processing fee (if applicable) to the organizer. Upon completion of the program, the organizer will submit the forms and fees to the USDF office to have the credit recorded.
If you have already attended a USDF University Accredited Program but did not sign up for credit, you can still do so. Fill out the Credit Request from and send it to USDF.
Don’t forget, you had to be a member of USDF at the time of the program!
- USDF FEI Jr/YR Clinic Series
- USDF Instructor Workshops
- USDF L Education Program for Judge Training
- USDF National Symposium
- USDF Pre-Certification Clinics
- USDF Sport Horse Handlers Clinics
- USDF Sport Horse Seminars
- USDF TD Apprentice Programs
- USDF Trainers’ Conference
- USDF University Judges’ Forums
- USDF University Sessions at the USDF Annual Convention
Attendees at the USDF Instructor Certification Pre-Certification and Final Exam as well as the L Programs D-1, D-2 sessions and Final Exam are not eligible to earn University credits.
No, you can not. You can only earn University credits by attending USDF University Accredited programs.
No, credits earned do not expire and are on going, but you must be a member to earn University credits.
USDF recognizes members for their educational achievement based on credits earned when attending University Accredited programs. Once you reach each new level of recognition you will be recognized on the USDF website, in the yearbook edition of USDF’s monthly publication, USDF Connection, (currently published in February each year), on the program recognition board posted in the registration area during our Annual Convention and you will receive a certificate. Certificates can be printed directly from the website. Recognition awards are based on credits earned between October 1st and September 30th each year.
For additional information, contact email@example.com.