Breeder of Distinction Award
Photo courtesy of Hidden Springs Ranch
Check your Breeder of Distinction Award status:
USDF Breeder of Distinction awards are based upon scores earned by horses in Dressage Sport Horse Breeding (DSHB), USDF Breeders Championship Series Final, and Materiale classes. These scores are converted to point values, with each award having a minimum requirement of points earned in dressage sport horse breeding (DSHB) and USDF Breeders Championship Series Final classes for the bronze level award; and a minimum requirement of points earned in dressage sport horse breeding (DSHB), materiale, and USDF Breeders Championship Series Final classes for the silver and gold level awards. Additional requirements outlining a minimum number of judges and horses will also apply to each level of the award. Scores earned October 1, 2000, forward are eligible to count towards this award.
- “Breeder” is the person or entity listed on a horse’s official breed registry papers as defined by the breed registry. A change in the name of the recorded breeder can only be authorized or performed as an official entry on the registration paper, by the registry that issued the paper.
- Must have official breed registry papers on file for all relevant horses at the time of application.
- Scores earned during a horse’s status as a current year foal, in which a certificate or letter of eligibility is provided by a breed registry, will count as long as the certificate or letter of eligibility is on file with USDF. After January 1 of a horse’s yearling year, it will be necessary for horses to have breed or performance registry papers on file with USDF for scores to remain eligible.
- No membership requirements at the time the scores are earned.
- Eligible scores must come from classes in which all USDF eligibility requirements were met for competition.
- Breeder must have a current USDF Group, Participating, or Business Membership, at the time of application. If required memberships are not in place by program application deadlines, the application will not be processed and the award(s) will not be awarded in that calendar year.
- Awards will be presented at the Adequan®/USDF Annual Convention.
- Please do not submit a USDF Breeder of Distinction Award application until all score requirements have been met.
- Please review the Breeder of Distinction Award rules and requirements as listed on this page, or in the USDF Member Guide. Questions?
- You are not required to submit copies of scoresheets.
- To locate your USDF number, click here.
- Submission of a USDF Breeder of Distinction Award application does not guarantee the award will be issued. The USDF office verifies that all award requirements have been met.
- USDF members with questions as to whether they have met all requirements for USDF Breeder of Distinction Awards may contact USDF for verification, or verify scores earned via USDFscores.com.