The USDF has adopted the USEF Safe Sport Policy, promoting the safety and welfare of horses and athletes. USDF is committed to providing information, resources, and a protocol so that all members of the equestrian community have awareness, tools, and a support structure to ensure a safe and positive environment for equestrians to develop their skills.
The USEF and USDF depends on the eyes and ears of its athletes, coaches, and designees to support its Safe Sport policies. It is requested that all who participate in equestrian sport become familiar with the content of the USEF Safe Sport Policy, the U.S. Center for Safe Sport’s Safe Sport Code, complete the Safe Sport Training modules, and be mindful of its guidelines during training sessions and competitions.
Information on the Protecting Young Victim from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 can be found on the USEF Safe Sport website. The website also provides information for a 24 Hour Helpline, reporting protocols and many other important resources.
For further information on the USDF Safe Sport Initiative, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
***NOTE: For those who are required or wish to complete the safe sport training, you will need to do the following:
- Once on the U.S. Center for Safesport website, Register, (use USEF authorization code 7MNA-86XI-FX4E-9GAN when needed)
- Add US Equestrian for your Membership
- Once you are Registered, sign in, go to the Menu Bar, select your Learning Dashboard and Your Activities. To complete the Safe Sport Training, there are three activities that must be completed:
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Mandatory Reporting
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
- Once you have completed these activities, please notify USDF.