The USDF has adopted the USEF Safe Sport Policy, promoting the safety and welfare of horses and riders. The intent of the USDF Safe Sport Initiative is to provide information, resources, and a protocol so that all members of the equestrian community have awareness, tools, and a support structure to ensure a safe and positive environment for equestrians to develop their skills.
The USEF and USDF depends on the eyes and ears of its athletes, coaches, and designees to support its Safe Sport policies. It is requested that all who participate in equestrian sport become familiar with the content of the USEF Safe Sport Policy and the U.S. Center for Safe Sport’s Safe Sport Code and be mindful of its guidelines during training sessions and competitions.
Members of the equestrian community are also encouraged to complete the safe sport training to further their education in this area by clicking here. This training is open to anyone and is free of charge.
For further information on the USDF Safe Sport Initiative, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
***NOTE: For those who are required or wish to complete the safe sport training, you will need to do the following:
- Once on the U.S. Center for Safesport website, Register, (use USEF authorization code 7MNA-86XI-FX4E-9GAN when needed)
- Add US Equestrian for your Membership
- Once you are Registered, sign in, go to the Menu Bar, select your
Learning Dashboard and Your Activities. To complete the Safe Sport
Training, there are three activities that must be completed:
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Mandatory Reporting
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
- Once you have completed these activities, please notify USDF.