Adequan®/USDF Preliminary Year-End Awards
The score correction reporting period closes, as of October 15, 2023. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Although USDF employs best practices to ensure that the scores are recorded correctly and calculations are accurate on the website and elsewhere, USDF assumes no liability to anyone for any errors, omissions, or changes.
In the year-end awards preliminary standings, including applicable divisions within All-Breeds, horses (awards for the horse) and horse/rider combinations (awards for the rider) may only be eligible to be ranked in the final standings at a maximum of two consecutive levels, as defined by USEF DR 119.2, within the same competition year. If a horse or horse/rider combination meets the criteria to be ranked in the final standings in more than two levels in the same competition year, the horse and horse/rider combination will only be ranked at the highest level, and if qualified, the next level consecutive to that highest level.
A horse and/or horse/rider combination may appear in the preliminary standings in more than two consecutive levels prior to the standings being finalized. Appearing in the preliminary standings does not guarantee that a horse and/or horse/rider combination will appear in the final year-end award and/or all-breeds standings.
*Per USEF DR 119.2, Intermediate I and II are not consecutive levels.
Thank you to our year-end awards and prize sponsors:
Adequan® and Dressage Extensions
Through the Adequan®/USDF Year-End Awards Program, USDF recognizes top horses, owners, riders, and breeders. Awards for the horse are awarded to the owner of the horse and awards for the rider are awarded to the rider of the horse. The prizes to be awarded include:
Adequan®/USDF Year-End Awards (excluding All-Breeds)
- Champion and reserve champion at each level or category will receive a commemorative award. Only champions recognized for Musical Freestyle Challenge.
- Champions at each level or category for Dressage Horse of the Year, Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Horse of the Year and Materiale Horse of the Year will receive an embroidered cooler sponsored by Dressage Extensions.
- Champions at each level will receive a gift certificate provided by Dressage Extensions.
- Third, fourth and/or fifth place award recipients at each level or category for each of the year-end awards, when applicable, receive a stall plate.
- Certificates available online.
Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards
- Champion and reserve champion at each level or category receive a custom cast USDF medal in the award categories that the Participating Organization has chosen to recognize.
- Other prizes may be given by the Participating Organization at their discretion.
- Certificates available online.
USDF Salute Gala & Annual Awards Banquet
The USDF Salute Gala & Annual Awards Banquet will be held in Omaha, NE, during the 2023 USDF Annual Convention. All 2023 Adequan®/USDF Year-End and All-Breeds champions and reserve champions, at each level and award category, as well as 2023 USDF Rider and Breeder of Distinction Award recipients have the opportunity to walk across the stage to receive their award and be recognized for their achievement.
To ensure that your award is available at the banquet, any 2023 USDF award recipient who would like to receive their award on stage must purchase a ticket to the Salute Gala and Annual Awards Banquet and complete the award information requested by no later than November 9, 2023.
Photographs for USDF Connection
The yearbook issue of the USDF Connection will highlight some of the 2023 award winners. Deadline for submitting photographs for the annual yearbook issue of USDF Connection is the first Friday in October for rider awards and the last Friday in October for year-end awards (including all-breeds). Due to limited space, only photographs from rider awards and first placed year-end award recipients from each award category and level or division will be considered.
USDF will ONLY accept digital files for submissions to the USDF Connection yearbook issue. Any hard copy photographs will not be used or returned. The USDF Photograph Release Form, an interactive electronic PDF, can be filled out on your computer and MUST accompany your photo file in an email sent to email@example.com. Please make sure to save a copy of the PDF file to your computer then attach that file to your email along with your photograph file. If the photograph was taken by a professional, please fill out your portion of the form, save it, and forward it on to the photographer. The photographer will then fill out the rest of the form and send it and the photograph to USDF.
- Preliminary Awards Standings
- Preliminary All-Breeds Awards Standings
- Preliminary Awards Search (search award standings by horse or rider USDF number)