Dover Saddlery Medal Requirements and Eligibility
Second Level Award Only
Score Requirements for the USDF/Dover Saddlery Adult Amateur Medal Program
- The medal will be presented to the highest scoring Second Level adult amateur who
meets the eligibility requirements and has obtained a score of at least 60 percent in the
designated Second Level Test Three or applicable test of choice class.
- The winner will receive a medal and neck ribbon at the competition, in addition to a gift
certificate for each of the first three medals won during the competition year.
National Merit Award
- A National Merit Award will be presented to every rider who wins three or more medals
in the competition year.
- A press release may be disseminated to the hometown newspaper and regional equestrian
- Winners must return the tracking form to Dover Saddlery within 30 days of the
competition. Failure to return the tracking form within 30 days may affect a competitor's
eligibility for the National Merit Award and their national ranking.
National Champion and Reserve Champion
- All riders qualifying for a National Merit Award will be eligible.
- The national champion will be the rider with the highest average of their top three scores
(must be Second Level Test Three rides) of their medal winning rides during the
- The national reserve champion will be awarded to the rider with the second highest
average of their top three scores (must be Second Level Test Three rides) of their medal
winning rides during the competition year.
- The national champion and reserve champion will each receive a gift certificate.
- The national champion and reserve champion awards will be presented at the
Adequan®/USDF Annual Convention.
Eligibility for USDF/Dover Saddlery Adult Amateur Medal Program
- Rider must have a current USDF Group or Participating membership at the time the
medal is awarded.
- No membership required for the owner of the horse.
- Horse must have a USDF Horse Identification (HID) number or a USDF Lifetime
Registration (LHR) number at the time the scores are earned. Exception: Horses
competing only in breed restricted competitions.
- Horse shall be registered with USDF in the name of the owner under which it is
- Rider must be an adult amateur in accordance with GR1306 of the USEF rules and be
registered with USEF as an adult amateur when the scores are earned.
Find a Current Year Competition Hosting the USDF/Dover Saddlery Medal Program
Return to Year-End Awards